For the most current water restrictions information, please click
here to visit the South Florida Water Management District's Save Water website.
The Water Conservation and Irrigation Ordinance is a countywide ordinance that
restricts use of water for irrigation between the nighttime hours of 5:00 p.m.
to 9:00 a.m. Water conservation is an important concern for all citizens. While
some municipalities have adopted their own water and irrigation ordinance, see
listed below, all other municipalities are covered under Palm Beach County Ordinance
(Ordinance No. 93-3).
Municipalities with individual watering rules
As of May 25, 1998, the following municipalities have adopted their own water and irrigation conservation ordinance. All other municipalities are covered under Palm Beach County Water and Irrigation Conservation Ordinance (Ordinance No. 93-3).
- City of Atlantis
- City of Boca Raton
- Town of Gulf Stream
- Town of Highland Beach
- Town of Hypoluxo (uses Manalapan's code)
- Town of Juno Beach
- Town of Jupiter
- Town of Lake Park
- Town of Manalapan
- Town of Palm Beach
- City of Palm Beach Gardens
- Town of Palm Beach Shores
- Village of Royal Palm Beach
- Village of Tequesta
- City of West Palm Beach
Please check with your local municipality (City, Town, Village...) for
their specific water use rules. Those municipalities without any water use
rules are under the jurisdiction of the Palm Beach County Water and Irrigation
Conservation Ordinance (Ordinance No. 93-3).
Basic Information & Exemptions
Palm Beach County Ordinance 93-3 restricts irrigation of any residential, commercial, institutional, governmental or industrial landscape areas to the hours of 5:00pm to 9:00am. Exemptions to this ordinance includes the following:
- Landscape irrigation by hand watering using a self-cancelling nozzle.
- Landscape irrigation using reclaimed water.
- Operation of irrigation systems for system repair and maintenance.
- Flushing water mains for maintenance purposes.
- Watering newly planted grass and foliage for the first 45 days after installation.
- Irrigation for dust emissions as required by court or administrative action.
- Agricultural irrigation with a water use permit.