"An equal opportunity
Court House Renovations Complete
The exterior and interior renovations of the 1916 County Court House are finished. Hedrick Brothers Construction recently completed the project, and the building is now occupied by County employees. Staff from Channel 20 and Cable TV are already in their new first floor offices. The Litigation Section of the County Attorney's Office has also relocated to the building.
Exhibits in the new Richard and Pat Johnson Palm Beach County History Museum are currently being installed. The museum will include permanent and temporary exhibit space reflecting the natural environment and the influence of the many cultures in Palm Beach County’s diverse history.
A permanent exhibit, “The People,” will have kiosks and artifacts depicting Pre-Columbian inhabitants, Seminole Indians, early pioneers, the business and philanthropic community, educators and influential leaders. The exhibit, “The Place,” explores the county’s natural environment and will include a series of touch-screens and computer-generated maps. The Historical Society will also have a gift shop inside the main entrance.
A grand-opening ceremony for the 1916 County Court House and History Museum will be held on Saturday, March 15, 2008 at 2 p.m. at 300 N. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach.